Got da blues!
I recently bought some Elinchrom D-Lite RX Ones, which are brilliant lights for people on a budget… or you need something with a bit less power. What I did find though, was that the lowest setting for the stand was too high for having a low level light pointing upwards. I looked a getting a shorter stand, but then had a much better idea. The Joby Gorillapod. It’s awesome. Not only does it do what I want, I also now have the Gorillapod for my camera!
This is my take on a lesson from the excellent Phlearn website. It is based on a poster for the film ‘Riddick’. I could probably have spent more time on the eyes, but it’s come out well.
Completed for “Games”, I had originally intended this to be black and white and then colour pop one of the counters. It never looked right though, so I left it in colour and I think it works really well. It took a while to do though as many adjustments were needed to account for the perspective. I nearly got it. I look at it now, and see some minor adjustments that could have been made.
This was completed for “Games”. I wanted to get macro-shots of all the tokens in a monopoly set. As colour is an import part of the Monopoly board, I wanted to incorporate all the colours too. As part of the digital manipulation requirement I used Photoshop to build the final image.
This photo started off with me testing coloured gels over my flash. This was against my grey background. I’m getting some great colours, so I think I’m going to end up with a versatile set-up.
This was the result. I then went a bit overboard in Lightroom with one of the pictures, but I kind of like the effect.