Editing in Lightroom

I headed up early to Mottisfont on Monday where I volunteer, to take photos in one of the woods we have been working on, of the display of snowdrops.  Rookie error #1. I forgot to charge my camera battery properly.  I did get some photos, but not as many as I wanted, or with more sun streaming through the trees.  I shall hopefully try again, next week.  I wanted to show you though how I’ve used Lightroom to convert what was quite a drab photo, into something that actually looks good.  It doesn’t look like it was taken at 7.30 in the morning.

The picture was taken with a Nikon D40 and Sigma 10-20mm lens.

After

Wordpress- DSC_0013

Before

Wordpress- DSC_0013-2